Wednesday, July 10, 2013

1st Post

I was a little unsure about starting a family blog but I have some good friends who blog and I love reading being able to read about what they are up to. Especially now that we are in Idaho its becoming more of a challenge to keep everyone up to date on our lives so this will be my attempt to keep everyone up to date.  I hope you enjoy.

Catching Up on Sara
I thought I would start this blog with an update on the newest Cunningham, Sara Reed Cunningham. Sara was born May 11th at 7pm at 4lbs 12oz.  Sara was 5 1/2 weeks early. Although she was early we feel very blessed she wasn't even earlier as it was a challenging pregnancy.  At 25 weeks, I had signs of early labor and its only by the grace of God, a good ultrasound tech and doctor that we caught it. I spent a week in the hospital followed by 8 weeks at home on bed rest. It was a long few months but it was worth it as it gave Sara another 9 weeks to grow.  Thankfully we had amazing support from friends and family to help us during this time. 
Sara spent 10 days in the NICU which was much shorter than we initially expected.  She spent a few days on oxygen to make breathing easier for her. She had a feeding tube and an IV to help hydration and nutrition while she got strong enough to eat on her own.  She also spent most of her time in UV light to help with jaundice.  Its sounds like a lot but mostly she just needed a little time and help to get stronger.

I've been hesitant to share many NICU photos because many photos look intense but I've included a few to show brand new Sara. 

Sara the day after her birth

Glow bug baby in her UV light


Since coming home, Sara has been doing great.  She gets bigger everyday and is just like any other baby.  She is just over 8 weeks old and is around 8lbs.  She seems big to us but is still little considering she is two months old. We are having a great time with her. She gets more alert each day.
Bogie and Moxie are great with her and watch over her.  If anything, they might be a bit too affectionate. 

Moxie supervising tummy time 

A few more photos from the last 2 months

3 weeks old

4 weeks old

 7 weeks old - Dancing

Sleeping

Smiling

Out to lunch

That is a quick update on Sara Reed.  I'll include some additional posts on our activities from the last two months. 




2 comments:

  1. Love this Allie!! Thanks for keeping us posted-- love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Yay! Yay! I'm am so happy! It's so nice when people have blogs. I love to keep updated on my friends. Oh my gosh Sara looks just like you! She is darling. Can't wait to hear about all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete