Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back To School

The time has flown by and last week maternity leave came to an end and I headed back to work and Sara headed to her first days of day care.  I went back on a Wednesday and will be working shorter hours for a few weeks while we both get adjusted to work and day care.  We have Sara enrolled in the day care a 1/2 block from our house so we don't even have to put her in the car seat to drop off/pick up.  We just carry her over which is great.
So far she has done well at day care.  There are 2 other babies born within 2 weeks of her so that will be great, especially as she gets bigger.  She is in a stage where she is really studying things so I think she likes looking at all the mobiles, toys and other babies.  We have stopped by at odd times just to check and she has just been happily sleeping or looking around at everything.  Hopefully she continues to do well.

I miss her during the day but I feel better she is adjusting well so far.  I have mixed emotions about being back at work and away from her but overall I am glad to be back at work and this is the best option for our family for now.

First day of school picture



 I have some great co-workers who put this banner outside my office.  I'm so grateful to have a job I enjoy and great people to work with. The small sticky below says "back" to make it complete. :)



1 comment:

  1. It's so good you love your job, it would be so hard to leave and go to a job you don't like. You look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete